The 5th round of the 2019 FIM Motocross World Championship in Mantova, Italy was one to remember. While the rain poured at the Monster Energy MXGP of Lombardia, the riders geared up and battled it out in the mud for precious championship points.
With MXGP returning to the Mantova venue for the first time since the 2016 season, the fans watched on as the world’s best athletes showed their skills on the soggy sand. While the winds of change brought dramatic conditions today they also provided epic action in a race where anything was possible.
Watch the highlights from the 2019 MXGP of Lombardia below:
“It is very nice to be again in Italy, despite the weather there were a lot of people today, so I am very thankful they keep coming and keep cheering. I am really happy of course, thanks to all the team for their hard work again and I am looking forward to next week in Portugal which is another track that I really like.” Antonio Cairoli
MXGP Overall Top Ten:
1. Tim Gajser (SLO, HON), 50 points;
2. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), 44 p.;
3. Arnaud Tonus (SUI, YAM), 40 p.;
4. Clement Desalle (BEL, KAW), 33 p.;
5. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, YAM), 29 p.;
6. Pauls Jonass (LAT, HUS), 28 p.;
7. Julien Lieber (BEL, KAW), 28 p.;
8. Romain Febvre (FRA, YAM), 27 p.;
9. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, KTM), 26 p.;
10. Gautier Paulin (FRA, YAM), 22 p.
MX2 Overall Top Ten:
1. Jorge Prado (ESP, KTM), 50 points;
2. Thomas Kjer Olsen (DEN, HUS), 40 p.;
3. Mitchell Evans (AUS, HON), 38 p.;
4. Henry Jacobi (GER, KAW), 36 p.;
5. Maxime Renaux (FRA, YAM), 24 p.;
6. Roan Van De Moosdijk (NED, KAW), 23 p.;
7. Tom Vialle (FRA, KTM), 23 p.;
8. Adam Sterry (GBR, KAW), 22 p.;
9. Jago Geerts (BEL, YAM), 20 p.;
10. Mitchell Harrison (USA, KAW), 18 p.
Photo credit: Ray Archer/KTM